Thursday, June 9, 2011

Hello Blog; Hello World.

Hello blog. 
Hello world.

It's been a while.

I am sitting on my couch again, and am happy to report that I'm back to loving it, in all its old-person flowered fabric and above-the-mean comfort-level glory. If you've never sat on this couch, I do contend that you are missing out. That said, I'm sure that it was these qualities precisely that did annoy me so the last time that I wrote, given that I was in such a mood as to be perpetually annoyed. I cannot offer an explanation for the fact that I have slipped into the circuitous locution and leisurely cadence of a Southern lawyer (please read this paragraph with a suitable drawl), expect perhaps to say that I loved Matlock as a child. It did not occur to me that I fell far outside the intended demographic for that show until much later. Part of me is still waiting to grow up and be Tyler Hudson.

And, a lightning storm. There was a lightning storm in Cambridge, MA last week; it was our allotted aftermath of the tornado-bearing storm that damaged the western part of the state. I was terrified by all the flickering, flashing and rumbling going on, but I wanted to see what it looked like in replay-format, wanted to watch from the immoderate comfort of my couch; safe, later. So I propped up my little point-and-shoot on my windowsill, put it in video-recording mode and pressed Go. Unfortunately the battery only lasted for 4 minutes, but I caught the onset of the storm, and it constitutes a sort of time-integrated view from my window, if you will:


I'd never seen it flicker like that. 

That's all for now, but I promise to write regularly again.
-R.

No comments: